Yesterday I experienced quite annoying “Couldn’t load plugin” error when I tried to play any video on YouTube. It started suddenly and I was very surprised by it.

As a quick fix I enabled YouTube HTML5 Video Player but it didn’t worked for all videos due to advertisements.

After a little digging I found dirty way to solve this problem that actually works:

$ rm -rf  ~/.config/google-chrome/PepperFlash

To know more about this problem read Chromium issue 173790: Flash player component update to fails on Linux.

4 Feb 2013 23:30 – Stable build 24.0.1312.68 was released three hours ago to fix this problem.